Monday 10 July 2017

Copenhagen #THREE {Plants & Flowers}

More than anything I noticed how beautiful the streets were in Copenhagen. Yes, you have your run down bits, and there was also a lot of development going on, but in general, they were so clean and pretty looking. Buildings helped. The architectural style was amazing and against the wide roads, cycle lanes just seemed to be perfectly placed and plant life really stood out to me. Not only are most trees planted in lines, perfectly trimmed to the same size, but there seemed to be flowers everywhere. There was also vast park area so green was a colour that was plentiful. One my list of things to do in CPH was going to the Botanical Garden. This is a park in the center of the city which is home to a range of greenhouses which are the homes to a fantastic array of plants. It's not a huge tourist attraction in that there is loads to do, but it is so worth seeing as a spectacle for something awesome in a city. The old Palm House is the place to go though; a beautiful and very hot green house which just transports you into a jungle. It was great to walk around but ever so hot, as you really would expect from a green house! The park that was around it was also beautiful, and vast and seemed to hide any city that was just beyond the trees.






















If visiting a botanical garden didn't fulfill me enough the simplicity of street flowers certainly did. I mean, how do you get ivy to grow so perfectly on buildings? It seemed to decorate some spaces like it had been stuck on by hand, absolutely perfectly placed. Rose bushes climbed round door ways and rose heads stood proud and beautiful adorning these bushes and making buildings look picture perfect.









With flowers adorning cafes and restaurants you couldn't get away from them and their use around the city. They were all in full blooms and framed walkways perfectly. I had to dedicate a post to plant life as there was just so much and when you like taking pictures of flowers like I do you have got to share them somewhere.















With the city pruned to perfection there is no wonder that the landscape setting is so neat. Everything works in a linear way which is what more Scandinavian trends often salute and you can see this so clearly in the organisation of things like trees.






What is also amazing about the amount of greenery is the natural peace that unfolds with them. We all know how much we like flowers and plants at home and when we were in Tivoli park I really stood in awe of a young woman who, even in the busy area had stopped to read in the most idilic place. She looked perfect and actually this moment captures that Danish way of life perfectly. A real Hygge moment.


How wonderful to find that in a capital city in an area full of people. It was so tranquil. 
Something really noticeable about CPH was that it was really quiet. The Danes are a quiet race and there is such a calm atmosphere and you can see locals finding this everywhere you look. There're no car horns beeping, no groups of people shouting, no loud background noise, but you notice it. You notice the quietness and that was something Rob and I found incredible.

With flowers shops aplenty and plants readily on show, it made me plan to buy more for our home to use them in decorating my space in a similar way. I loved how everything looked and I love that I even noticed blooming flowers of all things whilst away on holiday!!





SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I precisely had to appreciate you once more. I do not know what I would have sorted out without the actual creative ideas contributed by you on this question. It seemed to be a fearsome case in my view, nevertheless finding out this skilled style you managed that made me to weep for delight. I'm just happy for the support and thus trust you really know what a great job you have been getting into educating many others thru your website. I am sure you've never got to know any of us. personalized stainless steel water bottles

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig