Friday 6 January 2017

Home accessories in metallic shades!


I know I really need to do our official kitchen reveal, but we have got behind in finishing the pantry doors and are yet to complete them. Don't worry though, the paint is coming out this week and we are powering through with them. Since going for a marble effect around the kitchen, metallics have become quite a bit of a feature. Rose gold and yellow gold specifically are becoming popular shades in the kitchen and I am finding that we have started to accessorise a lot more with these and just white.
Christmas always offers a little influx of presents for us and Rob was really lucky to get a VonShef milk frother and VonShef cafetiere, which look fab sat on the side. The cafetiere especially has a lovely shine to it so I am happy to not hide it away in a cupboard.



A pretty glass candle has also added a touch of metallic beauty. This one was a gift from my Mum. It is so pretty and has already been lit multiple times. It will also be a perfect little vase once it has burnt out so I am hoping I can clean it well and reuse the pot. 


My pineapple is one of my favourite purchases for the kitchen. It is actually a money box from Paperchase, but it was the perfect size for sitting on the sideboard. I have also started using it as a bit of a saving pot for any bits of cash I get. 


For my birthday last summer my mum got me these rose gold mini vases and they have become such a feature in the house. I love using them for flowers and they just shine beautifully. I have found some similar ones online.


A few pieces that I have had for a while but match in with the new bits perfectly are our Gold fruit basket, my 'E' by Posh Graffiti and my marble and gold coasters from Homesense.



All these lovely shiny accents really add a touch of modern chic to our kitchen space. They are all quite dispersed so against the marble top or white walls they really bring accents of focus and look extra shiny when surrounded by a string of fairy lights.

Emily xx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig