Tuesday 13 September 2016

My Make Up; cleaning blending sponges.


The more I chat about make up on the blog, the more I am wanting to learn about. I have always said I am no beauty blogger but recently I have had the opportunity to review some pieces, so it has made sense to share them. I was experimenting recently in trying to get my blending sponges clean and I must say, I was struggling as my facial soap, which I use on my brushes, was just not getting in. After doing a bit of research I found a method that has truly surprised me! The modern household must-have is now coconut oil; there is nothing this stuff can't help with and it seems that breaking down make up is one of its strong points! For me, this worked, and really easily so follow my method if you want to get those sponges clean!

1. 2 tbsp of coconut oil, if it is in liquid form that is better, but if not, it breaks down so don't worry.


2. Put a good squeeze of FAIRY LIQUID (another home essential) into the pot and stir it up!


3. Cover your sponge in the green slime and begin to massage into a lather whilst running it under a tap. Water is essential once the squeezing and rubbing starts and you will quickly see your make up coming out.


4. It will take 3-5 minutes of good massaging and rinsing to get the make up out. keep re-dipping in the slime as it is washed away.


5. The end result should leave clean sponges ready to be left to dry.



Super clean sponges ready for reapplying make up smoothly. Honestly have a go, it really works!

Emily
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig