Wednesday 13 April 2016

What I want to wear: what's in my SS16 shopping bag!

This last week's weather has been so nice where we are. We have had some beautiful days where the sun has shone and the kids have played in the garden, in fact on Monday I think I had our french doors open for about 3 hours so it must have been nice!!
It is always lovely seeing shops fill with all the pretty light colours of spring. They start stocking summer dresses, lulling us into a false sense of security thinking we can wear them but the reality would be that it is still a bit cool.
I do most of my clothes shopping online. I hate taking children into town and with only one day a week with out the kids for work, it doesn't give me time to enjoy the whole experience of getting out, it is more of a rush to get things done while I don't have to unload a child from the car. 
ASOS is one of my favourite places to shop. I just find that they have so much choice all in one place and delivery and returns are so easy. I get most of my clothes from them as it is easy. 
What I love about their App feature is that you can have a huge saved items list which stores what you love but can't purchase. I love compiling looks in there before I finalise the purchase; it lets me make sure that I actually need items before rash, rushed buying!
I thought I would share some items with you that I would love for my summer wardrobe. 
This time of year is when I really think about looks I would love to create. 
Main items you will always find in my summer wardrobe are striped, denim and white items. Nothing beats this combo in my eyes and all of these kinds of items mix well together to create multiple looks.
Floaty dresses or lace dress are really important to build into your wardrobe. They are the most important things to own for summer as they lend themselves to becoming so versatile for all occasions. Whether you want to wear a pretty summer dress to a party or wear it casually to the beach, a change of shoes helps create lots of different looks.
I am loving these dresses right now which I could wear with a light jacket or jumpers, switch with heels and sandals and just enjoy keeping cool in the warm summer heat.









When it comes to warmer weather I do love midi skirts. I think they are perfect for mums, keep you cool and looking nice but with the midi length means you can parent and not lose your dignity. Soft skirts again can be dressed up or down; I love wearing flat sandals or plimsoles with skirts and these are some thing I think will be a welcome addition to any wardrobe. I have also included two bolder skirts which I think are just FAB!






Tops and tee shirts are always the kind of item I forget about buying but if your keep it simple with floaty white items and classic stripes you can mix them with everything.




It is always nice to find items that you just love, things that will be great to just have and be able to wear. These next few picks have seriously got me thinking "what can I wear that to"?





After looking through all of these again it really gets me in the mood for warmer weather and enjoying time out in the sun. 
I think with all these items I am trying to create quite a minimal wardrobe built up of items that are soft in colours but with classic injections of summertime stripes to suit my style and my way of life.

Emily

*All pictures from ASOS.com
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig