Sunday 4 October 2015

Little pieces for our Autumn home.


Getting ready for autumn is one of my favourite things to do. Not only do I love the changeover of my wardrobe but our home begins to take a themed turn. Getting out pumpkins, candles and warm coloured soft furnishings all help to change our style.


If you are seasoned blog readers of ours you will know that I often try to make cushions myself. I am not the best sewer out there but I am pretty handy with a sewing machine when I need to be. I bought the sand, purple and green tweed pillows from Dunelm, but I made these purple velvet ones. Just a really simple case but they look so rich in colour and texture for our home. If you don't fancy making one, Dunelm also sell an almost identical version. (I have linked to the exact ones, but the pictures do not look the same!)
The Labrador print is one of Sophie Allport's and I used it for some other homemade cushions.



I must admit we don't ever have much orange running through the house during autumn but I am partial to a few bits that I bought when Rob and I first married in our marital home. These twig pumpkins were from TKMaxx about 6 years ago now. However, they always get great pieces in around this time so you never know, you might find something!
They are perfect for dotting anywhere, and I find they spend the whole season moving about the place!



This year's TKMaxx purchases were these fantastic silver glass pumpkins. It appears that some of you also followed suit and found some. What a great purchase! Perfect for neutral homes who want seasonal decor. I have pulled out all my silver glass candle holders and with my carnival lights and some fresh flowers, have made this display on our mantle.



Seasonal flowers are something I love and being able to get Brassicas or Cabbage roses, as some people call them, is great. They look fantastic and are so seasonal.
I have got a few bunches of them around the house at the moment.




I think my newest and favourite autumn home purchase has to be this gold plated cutlery set from Argos. I mean, it is just perfect! A bit of warm colour for the inner table and well, for me, a touch of elegance to otherwise a more farmhouse style table. It is a six place setting and great for everyday use or just something special!



I always love the 'start of the autumn' get ready. I think it is because I love how it just rolls for a few months, through different celebrations like Halloween and thanksgiving and then I add subtle changes to make it perfect for Christmas.

What have you been putting in your home to give it an autumn feel?

Emily
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig