Thursday 17 September 2015

#mamasblooms Hydrangea special!


So this week I have had some amazing Hydrangeas at home and I noticed how many of you have been featuring them in your homes.
Hydrangeas are one of my favourite flowers and I love September time as it appears to be when you can get sturdy heads that dry well. I have been able to dry home cut heads and shop bought ones recently and I have had a few people ask how, so I thought I would share my florist's knowledge!


I have always found that the easiest way to dry Hydrangea is buy placing a stem, cut at a angle, in a vase in an inch of water. I don't know the science, but Hydrangea will keep perfectly in the inch of water for a week or so and then should naturally start to dry. I don't think heat makes too much of a difference but I am sure the warm afternoons we have been having with have helped. I recently dried a head from the garden in no water but it was small with tiny petals and I think by September they have already started drying on the plant.
Now not every type will dry. Unfortunately it is the soft pale colours that I find are the worst. Your deep blue, green and red (if you are lucky enough to get some) dry the best. I find green do it nearly every time. 
The best thing to do it just to test. I can't promise anything but little vases dotted about the place in different temperatures will allow you to have a good try.


We all must be sensing the love as my partner in this Nanda also had some in her home!


As there were so many I thought I would just do a Hydrangea collection to share with you.












These are all fab, ladies! Thank you all, for contributing with all of the beautiful different types of flowers around!

Remember this month Blondie Rocks is giving one lucky Instagramer a £50 gift voucher! Also if you want to shop on her website now, use 'mamasblooms' at the checkout for 25% off!

Post by Emily
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig