Thursday 3 September 2015

Bringing God into my home and enjoying the journey.


For months I had been looking for old church chairs to use as dining chairs and if you follow me on Instagram you will know that a few weeks ago I was lucky enough to pick up these absolute beauties to bring into our home.
There is something about the style of these chairs that is just so welcoming to me. Maybe it's because I am a cradle catholic and to be quite honest; my eyes have seen a lot of similar items. There is something quite familiar and comforting about having chairs like this around me. 
It took me ages to find them, and for a good price. Put the words reclaimed, vintage or old in front of any search on ebay and the price range of the items jumps up a notch. It has taken me a while to find a bargain and some close to where we live. 
These chairs were from Doncaster and belonged to the granddaughter of a vicar. She was selling them to raise money for British Heart Foundation who had recently helped in the recovery of her sick son. They were such a find and already had such a nice story. The grandmother had kept them after her husband had retired and they had been in their home, but as time moved on they got shipped into storage and weren't used. 
As soon as I made contact with the girl we both knew that these chairs were going to the right place.
I wanted to reclaim these items from the house of God and bring them into my home so I could have a little faith reminder in my own journey. There is nothing nicer for me than to bring something back to its respected life. These chairs will have stood in a church for years and years. They will have been part of the witness of people's faith. They will have been to all the christenings, weddings, funerals and everyday mass services, always there as part of the scenery and being part of so many events.
It really does bring me great joy to have them in our house now, witnessing all of our celebrations, trials and family moments and becoming, once again, part of a journey of faith.







Post by Emily
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig