Thursday 24 September 2015

Autumn walks and getting cosy; Garden Trading warms us up!



Heading into autumn we all know how to start the hibernation process. I have to admit, it is something that I am not interested in at all!! I love keeping warm and snuggling down with a blanket, but I love it even more when you've been out on a country walk, your toes are freezing and you kick off your wellies and step into a warm home.
Being a country girl, I have been on many marches across the fields and enticed to continue by being told that there will be hot chocolate at the end. Those autumn walks are mainly in town now as we live centrally, but one joy that didn't happen much in the Lincolnshire open fields is that we get the bundles of orange leaves to march through. The fluttering drops of Autumn really make for a pretty brisk walk heading up to Lincoln Cathedral. It lets us stretch our legs and get that cold, fresh air in our lungs. I also love that feeling of walking into our house from the cold and the warmth as it hits you, you delayer and quickly get the kettle on or a pan of milk on the hob. The only thing I want to do is pop on my slippers and get a hot drink and our children's request is 'hot cocoa'!
It is days like these that make you just adore being with family. The happy moments that you can capture, the conversations, the little moments of discovery. Raph and Etta enjoy being quite independent at any opportunity. Etta would rather drink out of a proper cup than a beaker and Raph just loves the social element of drinking together. 
Making their own 'hot cocoa' was an opportunity not to be missed. What child wouldn't want to make some after an explore outside on an autumn day?


It is so lovely to see that little traditions can carry on, I am sure I will be shouting 'hot cocoa for all' as encouragement to get the kids through outdoor excursions.








One lovely thing about the arrival home is satisfying everyone's needs. I myself am a huge lover of tea. Give me a cup of tea and a five minute sit and I am ready for anything. As a mother it is my little bit of normality. The warming feeling that tea can bring just makes me feel, well human. I love that hot burn you get against cold hands; isn't it satisfying? 





For Rob, a hot fresh coffee is a fantastic warmer. He loves a moment to enjoy a cup, to sit and chat or just relax. I never drink coffee but that smell is so comforting. 








It is these moments that truly warm the soul.
Enjoy your autumn, friends! Keep warm, enjoy the walks and be thankful that we have such a beautiful season.


This is a collaborative post with Garden Trading. If you love our autumn home style why not shop for our items?


Enjoy the snuggles.

Emily
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig