Monday 13 October 2014

Super Easy Macaroni Cheese

Super Easy Macaroni Cheese


Tonight I made dinner. I know, unheard of right/ Aside from Baking Rob is the Chef in our house but as our Monday nights are busy with football and gyming I thought I would make dinner. I took this recipe from BBC Food but also had my Mum on hand to guide me.
It is a really easy recipe and don't have too many ingredients which leaves room for you to add your own bits aswel.

To start you need to get you water boiling in a pan. BBC Food suggests 250g of macaroni pasta for 4 people. I would of preferred a bit more to be honest but you can make your own judgement. then once the water is boiling put your pasta in from about 10 mins.

Whilst that process is going on you need to make a roux. Melt 40g of butter in a pan and add 40g of plain flour stiring constantly until you make a paste. Then slowly pour in parts of the 600ml of milk making sure you keep whisking. this makes your white sauce.

once the sauce is thick and smooth my mum suggested adding black pepper and a sprinkle of nutmeg. then put most of you 250g of cheese just reserving enough to sprinkle over the top.

After you have drained your pasta mix in your sauce and stir until it is all completely covered. Put it all into a baking dish and sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top.
then place under a hot grill until the cheese is bubbling and golden brown.

Serve straight away and enjoy the creaminess!



I think this tea is perfect for a miserable day as it makes you feel so warm and cosy! the kids loved it and Etta ate so much!

Post by Emily
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig