Monday 20 October 2014

My New "Children's" Book

My New ''Children's" Book


My friend hosted a toy and book party the other night where we could all go and start some early Christmas shopping. 
She had a friend of hers who owns a Toy shop in Newark and a Local lady who hosts Usbourne Book Parties. I picked up some lovely bits and pieces but there is one in particular I want to share with you.

It's a "children's" book that I actually bought for myself!

This beautiful fashion of the 1950s sticker book is just one of the most elegant sticker books I have ever seen! There are the most beautiful pages of underwear clad models with lovely little text boxes with style information and pictures. You then have pages of outfits to match to the corresponding themes.



What I love about this is that the illustrations are just so gorgeous and it has a very sophisticated air about it.
I was really taken by it and there was absolutely no way I was going to be giving it to a child to do. It's the kind of book you want to do perfectly!





Looking through the Usbourne catalogue they had a range of fashion sticker books, one from the 1920s looked particularly glamorous. 
For girls who adore dress up these would be perfect gifts. For women who love to daydream about fashion, I would advise you to get one!

Most definitely not just a Children's book!!

Post by Emily
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig