Monday 15 September 2014

Distressing A Frame

Distressing A Frame


We have this lovely gold frame that our neighbours didn't want that I turned into a blackboard. I decided this week that it was just too gold for our style so I did a simple bit of painting to make it look rougher.


I simply found a small paintbrush and some white paint and messily painted all over the frame. I made sure I put paint on the decorative parts around the frame so that it was covered but not neatly. 

Once it was dried I got some sandpaper and just rubbed it over key areas; along the edges, over the detail and just across wooden lengths.


This roughened it up slightly and I now feel it is a bit more in keeping with our tastes. 

Post By Emily
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig