Saturday 27 September 2014

Apple, Cinnamon and Honey Cakes!

Apple, Cinnamon and Honey Cakes


So this is a beautiful discovery which I semi made up in my head. I had seen a picture of a cake with apples in it but not looked any further at what it was, then kind of came up with my own spin on the idea. This probably exists as a recipe already but I will claim it as my invention for now!!

You start with a basic sponge recipe;
100g Butter
100g Sugar
100g Flour
2 Eggs

As I like less pots at the end of the baking session I just put everything into one bowl. And by 'I' I actually mean my sister Ella who was baking with me! She then whisked it all together.
While she was doing that I was thinly slicing apples that I had picked off the tree in my parents' garden. These are cooking apples and I just chopped them in half and sliced.
Once we had filled the cupcake cases with a good tablespoon full of mixture I then placed 3 slices in the top, pressing about halfway into the mixture so they stood up. I finished with a sprinkle of Cinnamon and baked at 160 degrees for about 13-15 minutes. 


As soon as they were out of the oven I got them on a cooling rack and drizzled them with runny honey. As a tip, if your honey has started to go hard just warm it up and you will see it becomes very runny again.

Et Viola, they taste like Autumn and are best served fresh out of the oven!!!

Post by Emily
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig