Saturday 30 August 2014

Getting Autumn Ready

Getting Autumn Ready

So today I have done a bit of a house clean in preparation for moving into Autumn. I love Autumn as a time for change. I love getting the tights and boots out and  beginning to hibernate. Cold walks and hot chocolates, apple crumbles and conker fights. I really do love this season.
As the weather seems so mixed at the moment I am finding it hard to decide when it is appropriate to wear a coat. Today I thought I would begin to get the house ready for the change in seasons. 

I made a few new pillows today in some spot fabric to match a chair I had upholstered. I used my 'Easy Peasy Cushions' method (see post) and just whipped them up this afternoon. It has helped freshen the sofa and make it look super squishy ready for those cosy cuddles.


I have also pulled out the cosy blankets from the cupboard for those cooler nights we have been having. I have got my woollen ones from T.K.Maxx but my linen stripe one is from The White Company,


My Hydrangea that I used in my 'Fresh Mantle Display' (see post) last week have started to dry amazingly and look great in my Kew Garden plant pots. I have got my beautiful Kew Gardens candles out that were from The Willows garden centre in Market Rasen and my St Eval Candle was from my brother and his wife for my birthday. I cannot wait to use them. The lamps have been switching on earlier too, these were actually from The Range and I am so pleased with how they look! 


The kids and I all got new pyjamas yesterday. It seemed to be that time when Etta was only going to end up with Raph's boyish hand-me-downs and Raph himself was growing, so I popped to Primark and got us all some new cosy pairs! 


My friend gave me some lovely coasters for my birthday so they are now on the coffee table ready for the rounds of tea and hot chocolate.


I also got this amazing Stag stencil from Etsy which is actually for my sisters' wedding next year, but I have a feeling I might be using it in the run up to Christmas to decorate with. I have already got it on the chalk board!


Then to add a bit of the outside, I have filled a jug with stems of Bay, Hebe and Rosemary.


Finally, just to warm us up, Rob made a vegetable curry for tea tonight! Yum yum! 


Hopefully this will get me started but I have some lovely ideas in my head for changing around the decor so watch this space! 

Post by Emily

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig