Sunday 6 July 2014

Perfect Pink Picnic Table

Perfect Pink Picnic Table


I love looking through magazines and seeing all the different layouts of houses. I especially love the garden pictures, beautiful pillows laying around, fancy gazebos, delightful looking tables. It always looks so perfect so I decided I would give it a go.
We have a picnic table that we painted cream 2 years ago and it has whether quite badly, it definitely needed some tlc.
First I gave it a good sand with a sandpaper block I made. Just wrap a sheet of sand parer around a block of wood. It just makes it easier to hold. This helped break off the flakes of old paint giving it a much smoother surface.


Then I covered it in two coats of Annie Sloan Antoinette which is a gorgeous light pink colour.
Once dried I rubbed on some Annie Sloan clear wax to help protect it. I think I might invest or make a waterproof cover for going into winter. It will also help protect the wood, even if it needs a bit more paint, the wood shouldn't damage so badly.


 As you can see, I then created my own little space. Perfect for up and coming pizza parties!




Post by Emily

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig